Engineering Investigation and Restoration of Exterior Stone Masonry Walls
First Baptist Church, Halifax, Oxford Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Owner and Client: First Baptist Church Halifax
Scope of Cowie 1996/1997 Restoration Included the following:
- Strengthened walls of bell tower.
- Repointed and grouted all stone masonry walls of church, bell tower, and church hall.
- Removed existing deteriorated louvres of bell tower and replaced with new louvres.
- Restored the timber roof joists of the bell tower and the floor joists of the bell floor within the bell tower.
- New roofing for bell floor of bell tower.
- New access to bell tower, including new floor throughout lower region of bell tower.